- We will discuss the start of the class
- We will review some of our classroom systems:
- We will spend most of the class setting up our computers. This involves carefully following the instructions here.
- We will answer the question: what is a programming language?
- We will answer the question: what is the difference between higher level and lower level programming languages?
- We will answer the question: what is the difference between compiled and interpreted programming languages?
- If you are an experienced python programmer please start with this problem set
- If you are a new python programmer, please begin working through objective 1 from this document
- We will learn about IDE's
- We will learn to read a pythion exception message
- We will review our learning
Our Big idea
The big idea for today is Course orientation.
The essential questions for this topic are:
What do I need to know, understand and do to be prepared for this class?
It takes time to explore and really understand a big idea. If you want to
learn more about course orientation (which is connected to today's daily note), please click here .
We are learning this because as a designers must understand scientific and technical innovation. Designers use systems, models, methods, and processes to solve problems.