- We will go through this fairly quickly. I doubt we will have time for a summative test before next Friday.
- Today you will start learning about control systems.
A control system is a type of computer system that manages, commands and directs other devices or systems. There are open and closed loop control systems. They usually take an input, process it and get an output.
- Control Systems
- Microprocessors and sensor input in control systems
- Input devices for the collection of data
- Sensor, the processor and an output transducer
- Social impacts and ethical considerations associated with the use of embedded systems
- Distributed systems
- Autonomous agents
Our Big idea
The big idea for today is Computer organization.
The essential questions for this topic are:
How does a computer actually work? You know, like, really?
It takes time to explore and really understand a big idea. If you want to
learn more about computer organization (which is connected to today's daily note), please click here .
We are learning this because as a designers must understand scientific and technical innovation. Designers use systems, models, methods, and processes to solve problems.