IB Year 2 Higher Level Computer Science
Tuesday 12 October 2021 - Block 8, Room C152← previous note | most current note | next note →
- Today you will work an interesting problem related to image recognition. This is linked to the computer organization standard data representation. This project is due today
- You will work a problem to recognize an image. This is fairly complex, but once you understand how a computer classifies an image you will understand how facial recognition works, and many other computer-vision related problems.
- You will need this file: https://github.com/bmackenty/studentPythonStuff/blob/master/data_rep_images.py
- Please also look at github https://github.com/bmackenty/studentPythonStuff and grab image1.png and imag2.png Make sure all these files are in the same folder
- We will make sure you have pil and numpy installed:
- python3 -m pip install numpy
- python3 -m pip install --upgrade Pillow
- I will explain how an image is represented, and then I'll ask you to think how you can design and construct a program to "see" the shape. This will take some time and some brain power, so please just spend some time with this problem.
Our Big idea
The big idea for today is Computer organization.
The essential questions for this topic are:
How does a computer actually work? You know, like, really?
It takes time to explore and really understand a big idea. If you want to
learn more about computer organization (which is connected to today's daily note), please click here .
We are learning this because as a designers must understand scientific and technical innovation. Designers use systems, models, methods, and processes to solve problems.
Reminders & routines:
Please read and follow these reminders:
- IF today == testing_day_for_me:
remember to go get tested!
- IF today == Friday:
This is a beta feature. Please let me know if you have any feedback.
Please click here to reflect on our learning for today's class.