Archived Daily Note:
This daily note is from school year 2020 - 2021.
The current active academic year is 2021 - 2022
- I will not be here today.
- PLEASE review the daily bulletin
- PLEASE review the testing schedule! Today is a TESTING DAY 1
- open iTerm and type this: ifconfig -en0 <-- that is a zero, not an oh.
- Compose an email and send me the following information:
- State the IP address of the computer you are using?
- State the IP address of the router your computer is connected to.
- State the subnet mask of your computer?
- State the DNS address of your computer?
- State the MAC address of your wireless NIC?
- review and explain to a friend: Data packet
- review and explain to a friend: Network speed
- review and explain to a friend: network hardware
- review and explain to a friend: what is the difference between a switch and a router?
- review and explain to a friend: OSI model
- review and explain to a friend Network Standards
- review and explain to a friend Network Protocols
- carefully read the page and complete the two formative learning activities on the Wireless networks wiki page.
- carefullly read the page and complete the formative learning activities on the Packet switching wiki page.
- Please post one question each on our class discussion board about either wireless networks or packet switching.
A little less comfortable
A little more comfortable
Our Big idea
The big idea for today is Networking.
The essential questions for this topic are:
How does a computer network really work?
It takes time to explore and really understand a big idea. If you want to
learn more about
networking (which is connected to today's daily note),
please click here
We are learning this because as a designers must understand
scientific and technical innovation. Designers use
systems, models, methods, and processes to solve problems.