IB Year 2 Standard Level Computer Science
Friday 18 November 2022 - Block 8, Room C152← previous note | most current note | next note →
Hello class, I am helping with the robotic competition today.
I have not yet finished marking your tests.
Our next unit in web science is searching. Please review the following pages. What exactly sparks your curiousity?
- Search engine
- Principles of searching algorithms used by search engines
- Web crawler functions
- Metrics used by search engines
- Search engine optimization
- Future challenges to search engines
- Surface web and deep web
- Parallel web crawling
Please watch the following videos:
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNHR6IQJGZs&t=1s (search engines)
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDXOcvUNBaA (founder of google)
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5qOuoj_dwA (search index)
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmQl6VGvX-c (Knoweldge graphs)
After watching these videos, please send me an email with one authentic question you might have.
Our Big idea
The big idea for today is Web science.
The essential questions for this topic are:
What is the web, really? How is the web made? How do we design and build web-based applications?
It takes time to explore and really understand a big idea. If you want to
learn more about web science (which is connected to today's daily note), please click here .
We are learning this because as a designers must understand scientific and technical innovation. Designers use systems, models, methods, and processes to solve problems.
This is a beta feature. Please let me know if you have any feedback.
Please click here to reflect on our learning for today's class.