IB Year 1 Standard Level Computer Science
Thursday 17 November 2022 - Block 4, Room C152← previous note | most current note | next note →
- I'm still marking your tests
- Today we review:
- and we learn:
- Data representation
- We will be working an example in python:
- please open visual studio code and update
- please create a new file from this template
- please save this image to the same folder as your python program
- you might need to install the Python Image Library (PIL)
Our Big idea
The big idea for today is Computer organization.
The essential questions for this topic are:
How does a computer actually work? You know, like, really?
It takes time to explore and really understand a big idea. If you want to
learn more about computer organization (which is connected to today's daily note), please click here .
We are learning this because as a designers must understand scientific and technical innovation. Designers use systems, models, methods, and processes to solve problems.
Reminders & routines:
Please read and follow these reminders:
- IF today == testing_day_for_me:
remember to go get tested!
- IF today == Friday:
This is a beta feature. Please let me know if you have any feedback.
Please click here to reflect on our learning for today's class.