IB Year 1 Higher Level Computer Science
Monday 10 October 2022 - Block 4, Room C152← previous note | most current note | next note →
We are going to learn about computer organization today!
Please write any questions or wonderings about computer organization on our jamboard.
- We are going to learn about:
- Bit: The bit is the most basic unit of information in computing and digital communications. The name is a portmanteau of binary digit. The bit represents a logical state with one of two possible values. These values are most commonly represented as either "1" or "0",
- Architecture of the central processing unit (CPU)
- Primary memory
- If we have time, we will discuss the machine instruction cycle.
- We are going to watch a video to reinforce these idea of architecture of a CPU
- We are going to watch a video to reinforce the idea of the machine instruction cycle
Our Big idea
The big idea for today is Computer organization.
The essential questions for this topic are:
How does a computer actually work? You know, like, really?
It takes time to explore and really understand a big idea. If you want to
learn more about computer organization (which is connected to today's daily note), please click here .
We are learning this because as a designers must understand scientific and technical innovation. Designers use systems, models, methods, and processes to solve problems.
This is a beta feature. Please let me know if you have any feedback.
Please click here to reflect on our learning for today's class.