IB Year 2 Higher Level Computer Science
Wednesday 5 October 2022 - Block 8, Room C152← previous note | most current note | next note →
- Please write any questions, confusions, curiousities or wonderings on our webscience jamboard.
- Great resource from our classroom library on HTTP
- We are going to learn about TCP today.
- What is the TCP protocol: Click here to watch a video
- Please watch this part 2: part 2 of TCP
For a practical hands-on look at open TCP connections on your Mac, type the following command in terminal:
lsof -i | grep -E "(LISTEN|ESTABLISHED)"
nettop (push "c" and "e" and "p" for different views)
- We are going to learn about componenets of a webpage
- We are going to discuss why protocols and standards are important
Our Big idea
The big idea for today is Web science.
The essential questions for this topic are:
What is the web, really? How is the web made? How do we design and build web-based applications?
It takes time to explore and really understand a big idea. If you want to
learn more about web science (which is connected to today's daily note), please click here .
We are learning this because as a designers must understand scientific and technical innovation. Designers use systems, models, methods, and processes to solve problems.
This is a beta feature. Please let me know if you have any feedback.
Please click here to reflect on our learning for today's class.