IB Year 2 Higher Level Computer Science
Monday 26 September 2022 - Block 8, Room C152← previous note | most current note | next note →
I'm not here today. We are going to start web science today. There are two standards we are covering,
- Distinguish between the internet and World Wide Web (web).
- Identify the characteristics of the following: HTTP, HTTPS, HTML, URL, XML, XSLT, CSS.
- Please read the text and watch the videos on this page to distinguish between internet and the world wide web
- A friend tells you they are going to on the internet. They then spend 4 hours looking at pictures of kittens and puppies using a web browser. You pause, not wanting to be "that person" who must correct them. However you can't help yourself. Explain to your friend the differences between the world-wide-web and the internet, and email me your answers. This is homework (that you should complete in class)
- Please read this page, which captures the characteristics of HTTP, HTTPS, HTML, URL, XML, XSLT, CSS.
- Please come to class to class on Wedensday prepared to identify the characteristics of any two of the above (you choose which two).
Our Big idea
The big idea for today is Web science.
The essential questions for this topic are:
What is the web, really? How is the web made? How do we design and build web-based applications?
It takes time to explore and really understand a big idea. If you want to
learn more about web science (which is connected to today's daily note), please click here .
We are learning this because as a designers must understand scientific and technical innovation. Designers use systems, models, methods, and processes to solve problems.
This is a beta feature. Please let me know if you have any feedback.
Please click here to reflect on our learning for today's class.